Sunday, April 1, 2012

February/March Updates

A lot has happened since I last blogged! I am way behind on writing... so I'm just going to have to sum things up. I was determined to get a blog up in March... but seeing as it's after midnight, I'm a few minutes late now... Technically it's April now, but here's what's been happening:


1- Took a trip to Napa to see the family. It was nice just hanging out and relaxing (although I still got in my 8-mile run) and Dad & I even got to start planning our trip to Spain. 




2- Eric moved to Seattle! He has a Washington license and a reusable grocery bag, so it's official. :) He tested and interviewed with Seattle PD and is just waiting for them to do the background check. In the meantime, he got a job with Delta Airlines which is a cool part-time job for all the amazing flight benefits you get. 




3- We went on a food tour for Ms. Ashley's birthday. They took us around on a bus to a couple of different restaurants to try some really yummy foods!







4- We finally had a housewarming party (even though we've lived here for over a year) which also turned into a "Welcome to Washington" and birthday party for Eric. We grilled and ate burgers and played a new game that Eric found online called "Cards Against Humanity". It is a little inappropriate and super funny. 


5- I ran the Lake Sammamish Half Marathon. It was my third one and I set a personal record! I finished in 1:55:03. Eric & Mirra got up early and took me to the start and were waiting for me at the finish! There was some rain at the beginning, but it let up a few miles in. 






The perfect reward was that there was a new Yogurtland that opened up right down the street from our house. It's right next to Panera (which is even more awesome!) and opened up the day before the half. We went to both places after the run to celebrate. :)



6- Our team did the Big Climb at the Columbia Tower. We climbed 69 flights of stairs which was 1,311 steps. We all did pretty well and no injuries were sustained. Then we got to enjoy the view from the top!








2 comments:

  1. You've been busy!! Can't wait to see what happens in April :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so amazed that you can do so much!

    ReplyDelete