I took the GMAT yesterday. It's a horrible test. My teacher was right about it being created by evil trolls who live under a bridge at Harvard.
The first part of the test is two writing assignments and you get 30 minutes for each. They don't really count in your score, so there's no point in stressing over them. You have to write something, but as long as you don't write like an idiot, it's not so bad. The next section is the Quantitative part which consists of math problems and data sufficiency problems. The first question was a math problem and I read it and thought "I"m going to fail this test". Damn trolls. This section was awful. I was running out of time toward the end and had to guess on a couple... it's worse to not finish than to guess.
The next part is the Verbal section which has reading comprehension, critical reasoning and sentence correction. This part was a little better... which makes me question what has happened to my brain since high school.... it used to be the other way around!
At the end you get two minutes to decide if you actually want it to calculate your score. If you decide not to, then your record will show that you took the test, but that you canceled your score. But if you decide to get the score, then that is what will be sent to the school. I knew all along that I would get the score, but it's still tempting to just cancel the whole thing. Especially with the way I felt.
I got a 590.... and hopefully that will be good enough to get into school... because I do NOT want to take that test again.
But it's over! Time to pack for Spain!
oh my darling daughter...I'm so proud of you! Just think, there are at least 95% or more of us that would never dare to take this test - that alone puts you right up there with all the exceptionally fine and smart people. Life is always full of challenges. I think you stepped over this one just perfect!
ReplyDelete