1. Sundays - since today IS Sunday, how could I not talk about this one. Sundays are the best days of the week (well, assuming you're not working). You can be productive (projects around the house, laundry, shopping, etc.), not productive (reading, catching up on TV shows), spend time with family, bake, hike... you get the idea.
2. Running in nice weather. Not too warm, not too cold. I was a little weary about going for my run this morning (in part because it was 7 miles!) and I did not want to do it in the rain today. As I started down the road, I told myself that it was all mental and I just needed to keep putting one foot in front of the other and it would be fine. About a mile and a half in the rain let up and I had to shed my jacket. The sun started to come out and I was very thankful to be in such a beautiful place!! I was surprised at how quickly I hit the 2.5 mile mark and at how good I felt.
3. The smell of baking - today I made blueberry muffins and lemon cookies. My kitchen smells wonderful!!
And both were delicious by the way. I made the healthier version of the muffins - with applesauce and egg whites instead of oil. The cookies however are packed with butter and sugar. Yummy!!
4. The little things in life - in this case... a remote control. Mirra and I have been borrowing Ashley's TV for months now, but she could never find the remote, so we have to change the channel the old fashioned way.. by hand! Yesterday, after being discouraged that I couldn't watch old episodes of Ally McBeal (because our DVD player broke a month or so ago), I gave in and went to Target. New DVD player = $40 and new universal remote = $9 (but really priceless in my mind!). I got it all set up in about 10 minutes. Sometimes I really love technology! Now I can change the volume or pause the show while I blog. :)
It started raining again this afternoon and I don't mind because I don't have anywhere to go the rest of the day. And also because I actually do love the rain!
Here's the rainy view from the balcony (ok, you can't tell that it's raining, but oh well!):
gratitude always brings happiness! I'm grateful that you are blogging!
ReplyDelete7 miles, delicious muffins, a rainy Sunday, new technology. All of these means two things to me. 1. I wish I had your Sunday and we could change lives (just for a day) and 2. You and I are so much alike.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to be like you Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteYou are sneaky with your blog creating and not telling me...what the heck!?! Love you and this post!
ReplyDelete