Since my last post was about the marathon... I may as well tell you I think I've decided on my NEXT half marathon. I want to run the Big Sur Half in Monterey Bay California. It's on November 20th. I haven't actually signed up... or been running very much lately... but that's the goal!
Other than that... here's what's been going on lately....
I got employee of the year at the employee awards banquet.
Now... this doesn't come with my own parking spot, or a crown... but I did get some nice vacation money.
This was followed by a trip to Napa to visit the fam. It started off as my mom getting invited for my niece's dance recital, but I quickly invited myself along too. :) Unfortunately, I brought the rain with me to California, and Seattle had the most beautiful weekend we've had so far, but it was worth it! We had a great weekend. We ate some delicious food, played a lot of dominoes, and Ellie's dance performance was awesome!
Thanks to a recommendation from Greg & Jennifer... I've also discovered the new craze of frozen yogurt going around. Specifically, Yogurtland. But there seems to be a few different ones, at least around here, with this same concept. They have a bunch of different flavors of yogurt to choose from. You just grab a bowl (after sampling the flavors of course!) and fill it up! Then you get to pick from the plethora of toppings! My favorites include oreo, brownie bites and of course strawberries.
If you haven't already tried it... I highly recommend it. I'm currently resisting the urge to go get one... ;)
I'm also counting down the days until we go to Lake Tahoe. The entire family is spending a week there at the end of July. I'm looking forward to the SUN (especially as this craptastic weather continues here), BBQ's, games, food, water, sleeping in and of course hanging out with my fantastic family!
Mirra and I had a great kickoff to summer last weekend. The weather was half decent... so we went to the park for some rollerblading and watched part of a baseball game while were there. Then we picked up some sandwiches and went to Greenlake to sit in the sun and people-watch. :) Then I introduced her to my new favorite frozen yogurt (mentioned above). She didn't like the cookie dough bites, but she was still a fan. Then we got pedicures. Our feet had a hard day!
And then... because the only way to end a perfect day like this is with steak and beers (and we don't have a bbq)... we headed to Outback. I'm not gonna lie... they were delicious!
Here's to summer and hoping the sun comes back!
No comments:
Post a Comment