Saturday, July 2, 2011

Quick trip to Utah!

Headed to Utah for a short weekend trip... got to hang out with the families and see the sun (it was 90 degrees there!). And as if it doesn't get better than that... my sister showed up and surprised everyone!!

David Long was in town for the week with the Wine Bus. :) We were scheduled to have breakfast with him on Saturday morning. Eric & I were driving on the freeway, headed to meet the fam when he spotted the bus on the freeway. We caught up to him and I rolled down the window to wave.. but as we drive by I notice he has a passenger! There was Jen, waving back at me! I was pretty excited.

Jen hid on the bus as we picked up mom and went to Dave's house and then she got out and surprised everyone. So fun! I love surprise visitors!

The Bus
We ended up having lunch instead of breakfast... which was fine with me as I convinced everyone to go to Cafe Rio... so delicious! Then we picked up some ribs to bbq later and I got to spend some time relaxing in the sun. We also decided it was the perfect day to hang up the hammock in Dave's yard.

David cooked some amazing ribs... and I didn't even know I like ribs... but these were delicious! And mom made her famous potato salad and Liz made her yummy fruit dip... it was all wonderful.
Then Eric & I were off to see Rent (we had already gotten the tickets)... but kinda wish we had just stayed at the bbq. It was NOT a good production. The actors who played Roger & Mimi were terrible singers and the sound wasn't great either. So Eric, who didn't know the story beforehand, had no idea what was going on. We ended up leaving at intermission.
Sunday morning we met Jen & David for some Java and decided to head to Park City to ride the Alpine Coaster. They had ridden it before (and David told quite the story about how Jen does NOT use the brakes), but Eric & I hadn't. It's a little cart on a track and you are in control of the brakes.... I was a little nervous. :)

After accidentally missing the exit for Park City and driving 25 miles out of the way... we eventually made it. We made up a nice charcuterie plate (Eric's new favorite word!) and had lunch on the bus first.


Then we headed up to the coaster. It turned out to be lots of fun!! And we didn't use the brakes either. :)

On the way up, you're going pretty slow up the mountain and you can enjoy the scenery. This is us on the way up:
Then we decided to practice our scared faces for the way down. They looked like this:

This is on the way down the ride... with our actual scared faces:


This is after we survived:
Here are Jen & David coming down:
And after she didn't kill David:
Then we headed to Eric's parent's house to enjoy some delicious fish tacos!! His mom is a great cook and I love going to dinner there. :)

Too short... but a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment