As January continues to fly by, I am guilted by the fact that I still have not posted about Christmas. Good thing I had so many posts in November to make up for the zero I had in December!
Here are the highlights of Christmas:
1- Eric’s work Christmas party: I finally got to meet some of his coworkers and they all had the same response upon meeting me: “So, you are real? We thought Eric was just making you up!” I guess it helped his credibility for me to show up.
2- Skiing: Dad & I decided to hit the slopes and Eric was excited to learn! It’s a little baffling that he grew up in Utah and has never been… but it’s never too late, right?? He did great! We encouraged him to take a lesson, where they taught him how to stop. And he was the only one in the class who didn’t fall when getting off the lift! The lesson was just 2 hours and then he spent the rest of the afternoon skiing with me.
The other rockstar was Aubrie! She is the bravest little kid I know! When she found out we were going skiing, no one could have stopped her from going. She’s so cool! She took a lesson as well – with other kids who were beginners. Dad & I snuck over to watch and she was so cute! After the lesson, she’d had enough skiing. She spent the rest of the afternoon building pretend snow forts. Hopefully we can get her back up next season!
3- Ice skating: Saturday morning we all met at the Bountiful Recreation Center for a little Christmas Eve skating! It was such a fun family activity…. Especially on Christmas Eve. We even got Dave out there! Aubrie & Ellie were naturals… of course!
4- Two Christmas Dinners: Well, ok, one on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas, but both delicious! We had Christmas Eve dinner at Dave's which included ham, potatoes and pineapple dressing... after which we got to open one gift. Surprise! Everyone got pajamas! Not really a surprise, but a tradition at Dave's that was started last year. We had Christmas dinner at Eric's parent's house. His mom made prime rib for the first time and it came out beautifully!!
I'm a little sad the year is over as all the new year brings is cold weather... and the next holiday I have to look forward to is the 4th of July, which seems way too far away!
The new year did bring some snow to Seattle - which is always comical because this city just isn't equipped for it. Schools were closed all week and there were power outages all over. I did get to have a snow day on Wednesday, which Mirra & I took advantage of by building a snowman and making chocolate chip cookies. I thought the snow was beautiful and I was very content to stay inside and watch it snow all day.... but no one clears off the sidewalks and it really put a cramp in my running schedule. I took the week off. :)
Back to running this week however... sans most of the snow. Mirra signed up for the Lake Sammamish Half Marathon in March, which will be her first one! So I signed up too. :) We're also going to do the Big Climb at the end of March. The Big Climb is an event where you walk up 69 flights of stairs in the Columbia Tower in Seattle. It is to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I did it once a few years ago with Greg & Angie, and am looking forward to doing it again!
My last update for the new year is that I've decided to try and go back to school. My plan is to get a Master's in Finance, but first I have to take the GMAT to apply for school. So I'm taking a GMAT prep class at Seattle University. I've only been to one class so far (as the second one got canceled due to the snow), but my teacher seems very knowledgeable and it's nice to get my brain working again. It's been a while since I was in school (well, minus that criminal justice thing last year), so wish me luck!










No comments:
Post a Comment