I decided to go to Boston for my birthday. I'd never been... and I've always wanted to. With the craziness at work, I wasn't able to take any time off, so it was a short trip. I took the red eye on Friday night and got into Boston early Saturday morning. I took the subway from the airport to downtown. I had booked a room at the Hilton in downtown... and it was in the perfect location. I dropped off my stuff and went out to see the city.
I walked all along the waterfront...
Mom pointed out that I must like cities by the water... and it's true. This city was beautiful!
Then I walked over to the Old North Church and through the Quincy Market:
Plus... I ran into this:
I had bought a ticket to the Red Sox game... I couldn't go to Boston and not go to Fenway. Unfortunately, I seem to have some bad luck with baseball and the rain. Maybe I bring it with me. The game was delayed quite a few times. They'd start and then the rain would start again and they'd have to cover up the field again. Those guys sure do get their workout. I was impressed that they didn't cancel it all together. Fenway was amazing to see... and quite the contrast to the new Yankee stadium I got to see last year.
| The rain |
| Covering the field |
| The Green Monster |
On Sunday I went for a short run... along the waterfront... It was beautiful... Then I was off to see more city.
Walked across the Charlestown bridge:
And then I climbed to the top:
And walked along the Freedom Trail:
Ended at the U.S.S. Constitution:
Actually... the day ended with this:
And the Seahawks game was even on at the bar. Then it was back the airport and back to Seattle. Short trip, but Boston amazed me... just as I always thought it would. And traveling alone is really kinda fun!
The Monday after I got back was the last day at work for the old owners... on Tuesday the new ones took over. They brought in a bunch of people to help with the transition and it was a crazy week.
In my first month of being thirty... I have worked more than I ever have in my life... started school again (but three classes this time) and then last week decided to sign up for my first marathon.... and I have 20 weeks to train. Going to run the Napa Valley Marathon on March 3rd.
Despite being crazy busy... and a little sleep deprived, I'm liking this decade so far. It's funny how things work out sometimes... Looking forward to the next few months. Maybe I'll even get some time to write about it..... Perhaps being thirty isn't so bad after all.
Prepare for a lot of posts about running. :)









30 is a great decade to begin! Love the pictures - glad you had a great mini-vacation. You amaze me sweet girl! I love you!
ReplyDelete