Before the holidays take over, I better recap the fall... which has been insanely beautiful and extremely busy. I'm simply amazed at the weather this year. We had such a great summer and the fall has been just as amazing. Great running weather. I'm in my 6th week of training and it's going great. The first two weeks I was a little tired and sluggish, but my endurance is building and I feel great. Last week I had to run an 8-miler on a weeknight, which was new for me, and I truly experienced the "runners high" people always ask about. I felt as though I could run forever. I'm proud of myself for the progress I've made over the past few weeks. I've been avoiding sweets since I started my training and I've even quit eating most meat (except for some fish) and I feel great. I signed up to run the Seattle half marathon next week. I'm a little intimidated by the course - I think it's going to be hilly, but it will be good training.
In an attempt to catch up and get something posted in November... here is the condensed version of life over the past few months:
Took a weekend trip to Denver. Took a motorcycle ride to Boulder for lunch and shopping, went on an 80's pub crawl and went to the Rocky Mountain National Park. The park was beautiful and amazingly enough, we even saw a few snowflakes while we were there.
| Our awesome 80's outfits... and yes, we did go out in public like this |
I even got to see the spooky hotel from "The Shining".
I hiked it two weeks later and it was surprised by the coldness at the top. We couldn't stay long up there or we would have frozen and unfortunately, Rainier was covered by the piercing fog.
Our friends all moved to London. First Travis, and then Cleve and Ashley shortly after. There were some sad goodbyes, but new adventures await. And it looks as though they are already having fun. Mirra and I are moving into Cleve and Ashley's place, so we've been busy with moving and unpacking.
I've been keeping up with the local sports... Sounders games, Seahawks games and UW games. Dad came up for the weekend and we all went to the UW-Utah game. Sorry for Utah, but they lost!!
| Sounders |
| Seahawks |
| At Centurylink field... great game! |
![]() |
| Tailgating |
![]() |
| UW-Utah game |
![]() |
| Room @ the Doubletree... all to myself |
![]() |
| Hey Marseilles I was scheduled to run 12 miles on Sunday... I ran along the waterfront in Portland... not too shabby... |
I've decided that 30 is the year for firsts. I flew across the country to spend my birthday by myself, went to a concert by myself and I finally (after 6 years of living here) ran across the I-90 bridge. Last weekend I had to do a 12-mile run and was looking for something besides my regular trail... to mix things up. The I-90 trail was perfect. The actual part of crossing the bridge is loud... and lasts for over a mile... but it's a great experience and you can't beat the view. The rest of the trail is fairly quiet and quite pretty. I wouldn't want to to do it every weekend, but it was great to experience.
And in honor of firsts... I'm looking forward to spending Christmas in New York this year!








I'm glad you're enjoying your 30th year! I miss you but I can see you're keeping super busy. You're independent and adventurous and I think you need this, but I hope you don't get too far away from me. I love you so much.
ReplyDelete