I guess I've done a few things besides run in the past two months - here goes:
We had a belated celebration for Jeff's birthday and went to the Sounders game. It was a beautiful day and a great game!
For Memorial Day, Mirra had this cool idea of going and walking the Iron Horse trail, which is a 1.5 mile old train tunnel. It's completely dark, so you have to take flashlights. We had decided to camp nearby for a night as well, although we didn't know much about the camping in the area. We drove out there and weren't having much luck, when I decided to ask a random couple looking at the trailhead map. They said they had found a nice place the night before and gave me some not so precise directions. We took their advice though and drove a little farther... I'm glad Mirra and Dustin were up for the adventure because we stumbled upon this:
We cracked open the beers and took to some relaxing:
Started a fire, made some dinner (I need to work on my camping cooking skills) and spent a cold night in the tent (we were also unprepared with sleeping bags - lesson learned).
I woke up to watch the sunrise - the lake was incredibly quiet and peaceful.
After breakfast we headed to the tunnel. It was a super cool experience! Although, I sort of wish we didn't have to walk back through the tunnel - one way would have been enough.
Dustin and I ran in a Superhero 5k for muscular dystrophy. We didn't have time to find costumes until the night before the race, which left very few options. I found a spidergirl dress, but Dustin was not so lucky. He had to improvise - which actually turned out to be awesome.
People were asking to take their picture with him before the race.
So not only did he have a fantastically weird costume... but he won the race!
I was actually the first girl to cross the finish line, so it was an exciting day for both of us!
Saw the Yankees play the Mariners:
To celebrate summer and being done with school, we took another camping trip. This time to Lake Chelan with Pat and Amanda. I bought a $35 tube and it turned out to be one of the best Amazon purchases ever. The lake was cold, but we all swam in it anyway.
I even managed to pass my 3 classes this quarter... we only had a week off between quarters, but I'm only taking 2 classes this summer, so hopefully it will be a little less stressful.
We ran the Dirty Dash again! They changed the course this year, but it was still just as fun and just as muddy!
The heat wave hit Seattle - which I am thrilled about (except when it's too hot to sleep). We spent a day at the beach... and swam in Lake Washington.
The next day we hiked Mailbox Peak. It's only a 6 mile hike, but it's pretty much straight up the mountain. I didn't know it was going to be quite that bad and since I'm trying to stick to my running schedule, I ran 7 miles in the morning before the hike. It still would have been hard even if I hadn't. I wanted to give up partway through the hike, but I'm glad I didn't. The views from the top were incredible.






I'm so glad you're writing these blogs. The pictures are so fun and it's neat to read more details about your activities...keep up the great work!
ReplyDelete