SO… here's the short version of the past year and a half...
There were no shortage of races in 2015 for us. Some were planned, some were last minute, and most were fun!
May 2015
Still participating in the Bellingham Trail series, we ran the Chuckanut half marathon. Dustin took 1st place in 1:50:33. I finished in 2:46:57 (definitely not first!).
We saw The Phantom of the Opera at the Paramount Theater.
Dustin was running the Cougar Mountain Trail Series as well. He took 3rd place in the 10.8 miler.
Last minute, we signed up for the Mother's Day half in Kirkland. Dustin was got a NEW PR of 1:22:39!! I finished in 1:52:51.
The next weekend was the Rock and Roll Portland race, which I had gained a free entry into from work. Dustin ran from the hotel and met me on course and ran of it with me just for fun (he needed a long run - he did NOT cross the finish line or take anything on course) and I finished in 1:52:36.
Dad came to visit and we took him to first Sounders game.
We ran the first ever Brooks Trailhead 15k. Dustin took 4th overall and won his age group with an impressive 57:53 (and got a sweet trucker hat) and I ran with my coworker and finished in 1:21:29.
June 2015
Next up in the BTS was the Deception Pass half. Dustin was leading for most of the race, but at a crucial decision point, they didn't have a volunteer yet and he ended up going the wrong way (along with the female lead). They both would have won had they not run two or so miles out of the way. Dustin instead finished in 1:54:48 and I finished in 2:18:17.
We also ran the Norwest Trail Run grill series! These were short races on Tuesday nights at parks all over Seattle. We ran five out of the six races. Dustin won the series, and I came in 5th for the women.
While I was running the Seattle RnR 8k (41:26), Dustin was running a Cougar Mountain race, and sadly sprained his ankle pretty early in and had to quit the race.
We signed up for the USA Vancouver half/full marathon in Vancouver, Washington over father's day weekend. Our friends Jeff & Jenna came along for the weekend (great support crew) and we also met Dustin's dad in Portland. We discovered the Oneonta Gorge, which was beautiful!
July 2015
I once again ran the Ragnar race with some coworkers from Brooks. This wasn't planned, but they needed another teammate last minute, and I was able to join in. I'm so glad I did, I had a great time and bonded with my teammates (Go Baby Monkey!).
We talked Jeff and Jenna into running the Sounders Rave Green 9k. They both did great! After the race, they have beers and a big viewing party for the Sounders game. Dustin finished in 35:10 and I finished in 50:09.
We saw Of Monsters and Men at Marymoor and it was an amazing show!!
Jennifer invited me to go to Soul Pose Yoga, which was a big outdoor yoga class at the Seattle Center. I convinced Jenna to come too and it was quite fun!















No comments:
Post a Comment