Sunday, November 6, 2011

I love Fall!

I love this time of year. I love Fall. Not only because of my birthday (which you all know how much I love), but because October and November bring beautifully colored leaves, crisp air and blue skies. It means that I get to wear sweaters and scarves. It means that we get to start decorating for my favorite holiday and soon listen to Christmas music. Perhaps we didn't get the best Summer here in Washington, but Fall is sure making up for it!

This morning however, was a little more than crisp. This morning was actually freezing. 

It's not always easy getting up to run. It's not always easy to get up to run 10 miles. It's not always easy to get up to run 10 miles only to discover it's 30 degrees outside. 

This was my second to last long run before the Monterey half, so I had no choice but to run today. Despite the fact that there was frost on the ground and I probably should have worn another layer (I didn't warm up quite as much as I had hoped in the beginning), it was a beautiful day for a run. And although I sniffled the whole way from a small cold, the 10 miles went fairly well.

I came home and made another batch of pumpkin muffins, which came out a little better than the first time, although I'm still not sure I have the consistency right. Next time I might try making it into bread. I've decided one of the reasons I like making them is because it makes my house smell wonderful. 

I also attempted to make my own black bean soup this weekend. As you learned from my last post, my new favorite food place is Panera and I always order their black bean soup - at least when they have it. So I decided to make my own. I searched online to find the easiest version possible - that was also somewhat healthy and vegetarian. This is what I found - and it turned out to be quite delicious!


I also added a can of petite diced tomatoes for a little more substance and I didn't top mine with anything, although I'm sure it would be delicious. It made a decent sized pot, so it's great for leftovers.

Mirra & I spent the rest of the day wandering around Seattle, getting coffee at Vivace, eating Panera (you're starting to believe me now, aren't you?) and watching movies by the fire. 

It would have been a perfect day if not for the giant spider waiting for me in room!! Thank goodness Mirra is a tiny bit less afraid of them than I am, and likes me enough to get rid of it. :)

Hooray for my favorite season and hooray for nice roommates!



No comments:

Post a Comment