Sunday, November 13, 2011

A lot of miles... and some kale!

One more week until the half marathon! Today was my last long run - 11 miles. It didn't feel so easy today - harder than the 10 I did last Sunday. I hope that I was just a little tired and it's not a sign of how the race will be. I had three great runs during the week - all of them at a faster pace than I normally run (an 8:18 and 8:35/min mile), so I was a little shocked at feeling so crappy today. But I made it... and I'm keeping up high hopes for next weekend. 

I also tried a few new recipes this week. I was inspired by Miss Ashley (as most my food inspirations are!) to try a new thing... had a food box delivered on Thursday. It's through Full Circle Farms - they deliver organic fruits and vegetables. It came with a variety of things... some of which I've never tried before... which was the point of me trying it.

So, inspired by a dish we had at Tasty n' Sons in Portland - I made a version of potatoes bravas... since I had some Yukon Gold Potatoes delivered in my box.
It wasn't nearly as good as the one in Portland... but it wasn't bad for a first attempt. 

I aslo had kale in my box. I've never had kale... I had no idea what to do with it. So I searched the interwebs for a recipe and found a white bean soup with kale. It turned out alright... kale has an interesting flavor. 
Next time I think I'd use less kale and more beans.

This week the running tapers a bit... only have to do 4, 3, then 2 miles. And on the menu?? Brussel sprouts! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think Dr. Oz uses Kale in his green drink - I'll look in my magazine!

    ReplyDelete